Discover your lost or Email hidden password
If you have ever bought yourself a new computer and then realized, you do not have the password(s) to your Email accounts, you quickly learn, what a pain it is to have to call and change them.
Mail PassView is a small password-recovery tool that reveals the passwords
and other account details for the following email clients:
* Outlook Express
* Microsoft Outlook 2000 (POP3 and SMTP Accounts only)
* Microsoft Outlook 2002/2003/2007/2010 (POP3, IMAP, HTTP and SMTP Accounts)
* Windows Mail
* Windows Live Mail
* Netscape 6.x/7.x (If the password is not encrypted with master password)
* Mozilla Thunderbird (If the password is not encrypted with master password)
* Group Mail Free
* Yahoo! Mail - If the password is saved in Yahoo! Messenger application.
* Hotmail/MSN mail - If the password is saved in MSN/Windows/Live Messenger application.
* Gmail - If the password is saved by Gmail Notifier application, Google Desktop, or by Google Talk.
For each email account, the following fields are displayed: Account Name,
Application, Email, Server, Server Type (POP3/IMAP/SMTP), User Name, and
Click here to download the ZIP file, which will show you the passwords.
I suggest you save it to your desktop. (this way you can find it easily)
Double click it and unzip it. (Keep the defaults)
In the new window, double click on the mailpv.exe.
Click on RUN
The next window you will see will be a list of all your email accounts with their passwords and other information.
There is no way to PRINT this list, so you will need pen and paper to copy them down.
Once you have everything written down, you can delete both the Zip folder and the Extracted folder.