1. Make sure the scanner and computer are on
2. Lift the scanner lid
3. Lay image face down on the bed of the scanner aligned with
the top corner
4. Close the lid
5. Click the icon which looks like a scanner down by the clock
6. You will now see this image
On your home scanner you can email a scan or print a scan.
But not here.
7. Click the Scan button.
8. Once the scanner starts, do not open the lid. While the
scanner is scanning, you will see
9. Once the lamp has finished scanning, you will see
10. Your scanned image will be inside a folder titled
Shortcut to Scansoft documents.
owners will not have this shortcut unless you make it)
11. To retrieve your scanned image, insert your flash drive into
an available USB port. (remember the drive letter)
11A. Open the shortcut to Scansoft documents.
11B. Find your document and right click on it, choose SEND
TO, choose your flash drive or drive letter.
12. Notice how Scan soft names the scanned image with the
date it was scanned? That will help you find your scan.
13. Be nice to others and delete your scan when you are
done. (right click on your scanned image and choose delete)
BUT ONLY DELETE YOUR IMAGES!
Read your manual.
The better the original image, the better the
scanner will be.
Scan the image the same way you want to print or use
it, and only scan the part of the image you want to
Keep the bed glass clean and don't press down on it.
Familiarize yourself with the basics of the scanner
before getting more advanced.
Tech support is always available and able to help.
The number is normally in the back of the book along
with an email address.
This websie has videos on how to operate this scanner: