SYNCING THE CLOCK
The Microsoft clock, which comes with all versions of Windows, is good. But its clock doesn't keep good time. That's because the default server that Windows uses to fetch the current time, well, bites. Ah, but there's a fix. If you want your system to keep better time, try this:
THESE INSTRUCTIONS ARE FOR VISTA AND WINDOWS 7. XP USERS WILL SEE A SLIGHT CHANGE IN RULE 2
1. RIGHT CLICK the taskbar clock and choose ADJUST DATE/TIME.
2. Click the INTERNET TIME tab and the CHANGE SETTINGS button
3. Erase what's in the Server field; then enter POOL.NTP.ORG
4. Click UPDATE NOW. In a few seconds, the clock should sync.
5. Click OK and then OK again, and you're done.